Thursday 31 July 2014

First ever MAC products!!!

Where I live there isn’t a mac store and the closest one is an hour drive and even when you get there just like every other mac stores its overcrowded and the staffs pretty much ignores everyone and pretend they are busy saving the world. So it was last Tuesday night I ordered two things online just wanting to try out their products. I purchased the ‘matte lipstick in SO CHAUD’ and fluid line eye-liner gel in BLACK TRACK.

So let’s start off with delivery service- I placed an order on Tuesday night and I received it Friday morning which was very impressive and not only that I was worried about not being happy with the products and not being able to return it. But it comes with a free return stamp sort of thing and the envelope bag it came in was resalable so if you were to return it just stick the return sticker reseal and you’re sorted.



The product itself - So like I mentioned I have never had experience with mac products but I was actually impressed. But the thing is on the website the colour of the lipstick seemed like a brownish nude and I wanted a lipstick that I could wear everyday bases and one that would be close to my natural lip colour. I had even done research on YouTube and everyone described the colour as a nude but when I opened it I was surprised to finding it orange. I would say it’s like a deep orange and has tint of red. When I tried it on it first I wasn’t sure but later I found that it compliments my yellow undertones very well. So if you have olive skin tone or yellowish skin tone this would look really great. I heard from other youtubers that the lipstick was quite drying and I agree it really extenuate chapped lips so when I use it I put towel under the hot water and then gently rub it on my lips in a circular motion then apply lip balm and then after removing the excess I would apply the lipstick. The longevity is good I suppose since it doesn’t claim to be long lasting you can’t complain but it does come off when you eat or drink coffee.


As for the black eyeliner I was quite surprised by its texture since the only gel eyeliner I have used before this was Maybelline which feels quite thick and heavy but this feels so soft and very creamy and gives a really good dark colour and you don’t get the heavy feeling at all. It applies quite smoothly.  Only negative thing is for the price you are paying I would’ve expected to come with a brush but it didn’t so you had to buy one.

Cheaper alternative- Maybelline, but take in mind what I said about the texture and it also dries off and then becomes hard to apply but the brush it comes with is very good. But take in mind its £10 so u might as well bite the bullet and get the mac product.



If you guys like my makeup reviews then do let me know and tell me what you want me to test out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment